Whatever you do this summer, you simply MUST make this salsa!!!
HOW in the world it got the name ‘Cowboy Caviar’ is beyond me. It’s kind of mix between a salsa, a side dish and a dip.
But whatever you want to call it, it has fast become one of the most VERSATILE salsas I’ve ever made. It is devoured within minutes whenever I make it so now I’ve had to double the recipe just so there is some leftover for me when everyone goes back to school and work.
This salsa has absolutely everything in it from black beans to corn to diced tomatoes, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, and yummy dreamy creamy avocado.
For texture lovers, this salsa is a dream come true. There is the creaminess of the avocado, the crunch of the peppers, the soft beans. And the lime dressing is to DIE FOR!
You really won’t stop eating this. It is
a little HIGHLY addictive! It goes FABULOUS with tortilla chips and is great for potlucks or to bring to a family barbeque.
But I like to serve it as a summer side dish too along side some burgers.
We especially enjoyed it with Grilled Lime Chicken. The lime in the chicken paired beautifully with the lime in the salsa.
But then I thought …why not put it on top of tacos??? I decided to blackened some fish one night and I layered the fish and this salsa in a soft taco and I could NOT believe the burst of flavor !!!
A highly addictive & delicious appetizer with beans, corn, avocado with a burst of lime!
- 1 (15 oz) can Organic Black Beans (preferably no salt)
- 2 ears of Corn (grilled outside with a little butter, salt and pepper adds TONS of flavor)
- 1 Organic Bell Pepper (I used red, yellow and green)
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Shallot
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Red Onion
- 1 Large Organic Avocado
- 5–6 Organic Grape Tomatoes sliced in quarters
FOR THE VINIAGRETTE:
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Organic Lime Zest
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Cane Sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Cilantro, chopped fine (or parsley)
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Combine the corn, peppers, garlic, shallots, red onion and avocado in a bowl
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the beans and add them
- Prepare the vinaigrette in a small measuring cup or bowl and pour over the beans and corn
- Mix and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
Cal 164; Total Fat 9.8 gr; Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 433 mg; Pot 350 mg; Carb 17.3 gr; Fiber 4.2 gr; Sugar 3.3 gr; Protein 3.9 gr
© HappilyUnprocessed. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND link back to this post
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂