Called “the juiciest burger you’ll ever eat,” this recipe came about after we got sick and tired of eating hockey pucks for dinner and with over 60 five star ratings we think you like ’em too!
If the mere thought of a juicy burger makes you drool, you might want to prepare yourself. Make these burgers and there will be no complaints in your house! They are without a doubt the juiciest and most flavorful burgers I’ve ever had.
I take my burgers very seriously, maybe a little too seriously.
You see I was always the one who made ‘just ok’ burgers. They were good. They were ok. But I wanted more. I wanted to make an EPIC burger but I also wanted a burger with FLAVOR. A LOT of flavor.
And juicy. It couldn’t be dry like a hockey puck.
So how did I do this you ask? Let me show you.
How to Make the Juiciest Burgers Ever!
- Spices – What makes THIS burger a memorable burger is in the spices. Without them the burger can be bland and boring. There is a nice mix in this recipe. We’ve got some garlic, onion, cayenne and Worcestershire sauce. The cayenne pepper is not overpowering I promise. People freak out when they see cayenne pepper but I urge you to put it in these burgers.
- Beef – I know the world is very concerned with lean beef and my next sentence may not be my most popular but I choose 80% ground beef when I make burgers. You see in order for a burger NOT to be a hockey puck it needs fat. It’s just the way it is. However, if you go fattier than 80% then you run into the problem of there being TOO MUCH fat and the burger will shrink up like a meatball.
- Size – The next tip I have is to make a good EVEN sized patty. I divide the meat visually in 4 with my hands and then I roll the burger in my hands to form a large meatball. Then put it between wax paper and I lightly press down with my hand and then use a small skillet and apply even pressure to flatten it out. Works great every time!
- Rest – Burgers need to rest both BEFORE as well as AFTER. Let the burgers come to room temperature by leaving them on the counter for about 30 minutes. And once they are done cooking, let them rest again tented under loose foil for 5 minutes. This allows the JUICES to redistribute and not come running out on first bite.
Looking for some side dishes to go with these delicious burgers?
- Coleslaw is a must with burgers in the summer if you ask me.
- My macaroni and potato salads are burger classics.
- But if you want to go take this on a healthier journey, there’s always broccoli salad or a Mediterranean Couscous salad.
Ground beef mixed with egg, milk, garlic & onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper to make the most flavorful burgers your company will remember for a very long time!
- 2 lbs. Organic Ground Beef
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- ¾ Cup Breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper together until combined.
- Add the meat and slowly and gently combine. Slowly add breadcrumbs until desired consistency, you may not use all of them.
- Form into 6-8 patties depending on size.
- Grill on a hot preheated grill approx. 5 min per side or until desired doneness.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10