I take my burgers very seriously, maybe a little too seriously.
You see I was always the one who made ‘just ok’ burgers.
They were good. They were ok. But I wanted more.
I wanted to make an EPIC burger but I also wanted a burger with FLAVOR.
A LOT of flavor.
And juicy. It couldn’t be dry like a hockey puck.
So how did I do this you ask?
Well for starters, like I said, I wanted a burger with flavor which meant I needed to add some spices. There is some garlic in there, some Worcestershire sauce for a little kick and some egg, milk and breadcrumbs.
Now one might think, “well that sounds a little like a meatloaf” but trust me on this, its a burger and it tastes like a burger!
HOW TO MAKE A GREAT BURGER:
- What makes THIS burger a memorable burger is in the spices. Without them the burger can be bland and boring. There is a nice mix in this recipe. The cayenne pepper is not overpowering I promise. People freak out when they see cayenne pepper but I urge you to put it in these burgers.
- I know the world is very concerned with lean beef and my next sentence may not be my most popular but I choose 80% ground beef when I make burgers. You see in order for a burger NOT to be a hockey puck it needs fat. It’s just the way it is. However, if you go fattier than 80% then you run into the problem of there being TOO MUCH fat and the burger will shrink up like a meatball.
- The next tip I have is to make a good EVEN sized patty. I divide the meat visually in 4 with my hands and then I roll the burger in my hands to form a large meatball. Then put it between wax paper and I lightly press down with my hand and then use a small skillet and apply even pressure to flatten it out. Works great every time!
- Before putting the burgers on the grill let them come to room temperature for about 30 minutes.
These burgers have been in our family for probably 10 years or more. Maybe one day I will embark on another recipe, but for now these are “OUR” burgers and I am happy to share them with you!Print
Ground beef mixed with egg, milk, garlic & onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper to make the most flavorful burgers your company will remember for a very long time!
- 2 lbs. Organic Ground Beef
- 1 Large Organic Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Whole Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- ¾ Cup Breadcrumbs
- In a large bowl combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper together until combined.
- Add the meat and slowly and gently combine. Slowly add breadcrumbs until desired consistency, you may not use all of them.
- Form into 6-8 patties depending on size.
- Grill on a hot preheated grill approx. 5 min per side or until desired doneness.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
LOOKING FOR MORE FREE RECIPES?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get family friendly healthy recipes delivered to your inbox. You can also find us sharing more recipes on Pinterest.