Creamy Potato Soup
- 3 Cups Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Soup Base
- 5 Large Organic Potatoes, peeled and diced into small bite sized pcs (should come to 5 cups)
- 1 Cup Organic Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Organic Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 4 Ounces Organic Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Organic Half and Half
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Chives
- In a medium sized pot, add the chicken stock, water, chicken base and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and add the potatoes. Cook until the potatoes are tender and can be pierced with a fork (10 min)
- Meanwhile, in another pot, add the butter over low/med heat. Once it has melted, add the onions and cook until soft and translucent stirring often (approx. 5 min). Season with salt and pepper. Add a teaspoon of oil if the onions get too dry. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook for 2 minutes.
- Scoop out 3 cups of chicken stock and add into the butter/flour mixture (in 1 cup increments) whisking until combined. Add 3/4 of the potatoes to the pot.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Add the remaining potatoes, half and half and cream cheese, stirring until it has all melted and blended.
- Add the chives and any additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with shredded cheese, bacon bits and chives.