- 1 Cup Dates
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Raw Almonds, chopped
- ¼ Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1–2 Tbsp. Almond Milk
- ¼ tsp salt (optional)
- Add the almonds to a food processor and pulse until they are broken into small pieces. Set aside into a shallow dish.
- Place the dates in the food processor and blend until they are smooth and form a ball. Add 1-2 Tablespoons of almond milk.
- Place the paste in a bowl and add the almond flour and shredded coconut. Stir well to combine. The result should be a sticky paste.
- Roll the dates into 10 balls and then roll them into the chopped almonds.
- Enjoy immediately or store leftovers in the fridge for up to one week.
If using dry dates, presoak in warm water for 30 minutes before using.
*adding 1/4 tsp salt will raise the sodium to 59 mg. per ball
adding sweetened coconut (in addition to the salt) will raise the sodium to 66 mg. per ball
- Serving Size: 1 Ball
- Calories: 145
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 9
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Protein: 3
Keywords: energy ball, plant based, whole foods