For the Falafels:
- 1 Cup Dry chickpeas, soaked for at least 12 hours
- ⅓ Cup Chickpea Flour
- ½ Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Oil for frying
For the Salad:
- 2 Cups Green leaves of choice
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes
For the Sauce:
- 6 oz. (3/4 Cup) Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried Dill weed
- Salt and pepper
- Set the chopped onion, garlic cloves and parsley in a food processor. Pulse a few times.
- Add previously soaked and drained chickpeas, cumin, salt and ground pepper and blend again. Blend until granulated texture.
- Transfer the mix to a bowl and add chickpea flour. Stir very well and let it rest for 5 minutes. After that, you should be able to form the falafel balls, add one more tablespoon of chickpea flour if needed.
- Pressing very well with your hands roll the mixture into 14-16 falafels.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet until it crackles when a splash of water hits it. Set the heat to medium. Cook the falafels until golden on all sides.
- Serve them in a salad bowl with green leaves, cherry tomatoes and tahini sauce and Naan bread on the side.
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mediterranean