These grilled onions have a tangy delicious honey mustard glaze that helps them get super soft and caramelize on the grill. A perfect compliment to your steak dinner!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Rosemary & Oregano
- 1 Very Large Vidalia Onion, cut in large rings (1/2″) and keep in tact
- Whisk all the ingredients for the glaze together in a glass measuring cup. Set aside.
- If using wooden skewers be sure to soak them for about 30 minutes.
- Slice the onion in large rings (about 1/2″) trying to be as straight as possible. (I got 4 ringlets from 1 onion).
- Run the skewer parallel through each onion and break off the end. Putting only 1 onion on a skewer makes them easier to flip on the grill. Repeat with the remaining rings. In my case I used 4 skewers for 4 onion rings.
- Place them in a glass baking dish. Pour 1/2 to 3/4 of the glaze over them. Flip carefully to coat both sides.
- Preheat the grill to high and grill each onion for approximately 5 minutes or until they begin to soften and you can see grill marks. Flip and brush (or spoon) more glaze over them. Cook another 5 minutes on the other side. The glaze should begin to caramelize on the onions. You can glaze and flip another time if you desire or take them off the grill, sprinkle a little sea salt on top and brush with more glaze if desired.