A true American classic comfort food. Seasoned ground beef is combined with a sauce made from beef broth, milk, flour and sour cream. Serve over your favorite egg noodles.
- 2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the beef, along with the onions and mushrooms in a large skillet over medium high heat. Drain the grease if necessary. Add the garlic and stir around.
- Lower the heat to low and add the cream cheese. Cover the skillet and allow it to melt (approx. 2-5 minutes.)
- Meanwhile, combine the beef broth and milk in a glass measuring cup. Add the flour and stir until there are no lumps.
- Stir the meat to incorporate the melted cream cheese, then add the broth mixture. Stir again.
- Bring it to a boil and then simmer for approximate 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over noodles of your choice.