A true American classic comfort food. Seasoned ground beef is combined with a sauce made from beef broth, milk, flour and sour cream. Serve over your favorite egg noodles.
- 2 lbs. Organic Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 Small Organic Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- 8 oz. Organic Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz. Organic Cream Cheese
- 2 Cups Organic Beef Broth
- 1/2 Cup Organic Whole Milk
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 Cup Organic Sour Cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium high heat brown the ground beef along with the onions, garlic and mushrooms breaking the beef into little pieces. Drain the grease.
- Lower the heat to low and add the cream cheese. Cover the skillet and let it melt (approx. 2-5 min)
- Meanwhile, combine the beef broth and milk in a glass measuring cup and add the flour. Stir until there are no lumps.
- Gently stir the meat to combine the cream cheese and add the broth mixture.
- Cook over medium high heat until it comes to a boil. Immediately turn it down and simmer for approximate 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the sour cream and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over noodles of your choice.