Crispy golden hash browns wrap a cooked omelet with onions, peppers, broccoli and cheese then it is folded over for a crispy crunchy outside and a tender hot gooey inside.
- 1 Medium Organic Potato
- 1 Large Organic Egg, whisked with 1 Tablespoon of milk
- 1 Tablespoon of: Organic Onion, Red pepper, Green pepper, Broccoli
- 1/4 Cup Organic Shredded Cheese of choice
- In a small skillet (non stick is ok if you feel your hash browns will stick), add 1 Tablespoon of butter or oil and the onions and peppers. Season with a little salt and pepper. Stir often until the onion becomes translucent, about 3 minutes. Spread them out on the bottom of the pan.
- Add a little more butter (or oil) to the pan and the whisked egg. Do not stir or disturb for a few minutes until just the center is a little wobbly. Using a spatula sprayed with cooking spray, gently turn the omelet over and let it cook a minute more. Add the cheese and remove to a plate.
- While the omelet is cooking, shred the potato using a shredder with the largest holes over a paper towel. Firmly press another paper towel on top to remove all water. Spread the potatoes out and press down some more. They need to be virtually dry.
- Add a Tablespoon of oil to the hot pan and spread the potatoes thinly all around, even reaching up the side a little. After a minute or so, use a rubber spatula and gently go around the edges and jiggle the pan making sure the potatoes are not sticking. Once you see the edges getting brown and crispy peek under and turn when they are golden. Cook the other side for a minute and gently place the omelet on top. Cook until golden brown and fold the omelet in half.
- Serve immediately.