A great weeknight turkey chili that is so full of flavor you may not go back to beef!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Lb. Lean Ground Turkey
- ½ – 1 Cup Onion, chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper (red, yellow or green), diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper, finely diced
- 3 Cloves Minced garlic
- 28 Oz. Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (15oz) Can Black beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) Can Kidney beans, drained
- In a large pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, add the oil. Once shimmering, add the onions and peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes or until they are tender and softened.
- Add in the turkey and turn the heat to HIGH. Break it apart and stir it around the pot. Now, allow the turkey to cook until almost cooked through, without moving it. You will begin to see the top of the turkey turning whiter and the sides cook though. This will allow for some caramelization of the turkey which also imparts a lot of flavor. Once, cooked, break the turkey up as small as possible.
- Next add in the garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, salt and pepper stir to incorporate releasing the aromatics.
- Add in diced tomatoes, chicken broth, kidney beans and black beans.
- Bring to a quick boil and then reduce heat to a simmer for 30-45 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings. Can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen for 3 months.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 50
- Serving Size: 4 servings