Light, fresh cucumbers are finely diced and combined with Greek yogurt, garlic, lemon and fresh dill for one of the most refreshing and versatile sauces out there!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon Vinegar
- 1–2 Cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Greek Yogurt, strained with cheese cloth if you have time
1/2 Organic English Cucumber, diced very small, excess water rung out
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt and fresh pepper to taste
- Begin by peeling the cucumber and either dicing by hand into very small pieces or put in a small food processor and pulse until there are little chunks.
- Strain the excess liquid from the cucumber in a paper towel by ringing dry and then place the cucumber on a dry paper towel until ready to combine with the rest of the ingreidents.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Using a whisk, blend in the yogurt.
- Finally, add the cucumber and chopped fresh dill.
- Chill for at least two hours before serving.
Some recipes have substituted fresh parsley or mint in place of the dill while others have added about 1/4 Cup of Feta cheese as well.