The most delicious, harmonious blend of ingredients that will whisk you away to a Polynesian luau in Hawaii.
- 1 Large package chicken thighs, wings, breasts (or combination)
- 1/4 Cup pureed pineapple (pulse about 1/2 cup fresh pineapple in a food processor with a Tablespoon or 2 of water)
- 1 /3 Cup white wine
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth
- 1/4 Cup Tamari (organic soy sauce)
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Ginger
- 1 – 2 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- Wash chicken parts and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large baking dish or bowl.
- Whisk the ingredients for the marinade together in a small bowl and pour 3/4 of it over the chicken and allow to marinade for at least 30 minutes, although overnight is best. Reserve 1/4.
- Bring the remaining 1/4 marinade to a boil in a small saucepan and gently simmer to reduce it until it is thick and glossy.
- When ready, place the chicken over a grill that has been preheated to 400°F . Grill the chicken over medium/high heat for about 40 minutes (if using bone in thighs), turning and basting with the reduced marinade until chicken is done.
- Pour any remaining marinade over the chicken just before serving.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS:
HAWAIIAN PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE