You’ll never go back to making risotto on the stove top again after seeing just how EASY it is to make it in the Instant Pot!
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- ½ Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ Cups Arborio rice
- 1/4 Cup White wine
- 4 Cups Vegetable stock – low sodium
- ½ Cup Pumpkin puree
- ¼ Cup Heavy cream
- ¼ Cup Parmesan cheese
- the butter in the Instant Pot set on the sauté setting.
- Add the onion and cook until it’s translucent – around 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 30 seconds more.
- Incorporate the rice and stir, cook until the rice is slightly transparent, around 2 minutes.
- Pour the white wine in and stir to incorporate and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Pour the stock in and add the pumpkin.
- Close the lid and valve and set on high pressure for 6 minutes.
- Manually release steam. Open the valve and lid. Give the risotto a good stir.
- Lastly, add the heavy cream and the parmesan cheese and stir to incorporate.
- I also added in a 1/4 cup frozen diced pumpkin for this recipe for a little added texture. You can also use fresh diced pumpkin – the cooking time is the same.
- This recipe is incredibly delicious with either pumpkin or butternut squash so feel free to use the one you prefer or have on hand.
- The result is super creamy!
- Category: Sides
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American