These ground chicken burgers are anything but dry! They get their flavor from the seasonings, Gruyere cheese, spinach and avocado. But the clincher is the secret honey mustard sauce on top!
- 1 lb. Organic Ground Chicken
- 1/2 Cup Organic Spinach, chopped finely
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Fresh Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1/4 Cup Gruyere Cheese (or Havarti), shredded
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- Juice from 1/2 Organic Lime
- 1/2 Organic Avocado, diced small
SECRET HONEY MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon Paprika
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together with a spatula or wooden spoon except the avocado.
- Gently fold in the avocado until combined.
- Roll the chicken into 4 large meatballs and place between wax paper. Use a large skillet or anything flat and gently flatten them into patties about 1″ thick.
- These patties will be moist and are best if they are refrigerated before cooking. They are best cooked on a grill pan (you know the one that makes the grill marks) on the stove as a grill can dry them out but that never stopped me.
- Serve on a toasted bun with lettuce, tomato, onion and a big dollop of honey mustard dressing.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS:
LEMON GARLIC KALE SALAD with PISTACHIOS & PINE NUTS
PERFECTLY ROASTED STEAK FRIES