- 1 Cooked Turkey Carcass, meat mostly removed
- 1–2 Onions, quartered
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped including leafy parts
- 2 Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Cloves Whole Garlic
- 10–12 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Few sprigs of fresh parsley or thyme
- Remove all skin and most of the meat from the bones/carcass of the turkey. Place it in the slow cooker and fill with enough water to cover the bones by 2″.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook on low for 6-18 hours adding more water if necessary, stirring occasionally to break it down.
- Strain the broth in a large bowl with a colander or fine strainer. You may need to strain it twice.
- If not using immediately, the broth may be frozen for several months.
FOR BROTH – FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE EXCEPT COOK ON STOVETOP FOR 2-4 HOURS. THE ADDITION OF SALT IS DEPENDENT UPON HOW MUCH SALT WAS USED IN THE COOKING PROCESS.
FOR STOCK – FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE, COOKING AGAIN ON THE STOVETOP FOR 6-8 HOURS.