A velvety, thick, smooth and savory soup with 3 types of vegetables for a nutritious, gluten free, low sodium and delicious meal.
- 5 cups Butternut Squash, cut in large chunks
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into large quarters
- 2 Carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- ½ Cup Onion, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth (I use no sodium)
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1–2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the carrots, butternut squash & sweet potato in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast 35-40 minutes or until a fork inserted pierces through with no resistance.
- Warm the oil in a large stockpot and sauté the onions until translucent and soft. Season with a sprinkle of salt to help release their moisture. Add the garlic, stir and cook another minute.
- Add the roasted vegetables, broth(s) and spices. NOTE: I use no sodium broth, therefore, I usually add 1 teaspoon of salt at this point. However, if your broth is salted, use salt at your discretion).
- Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until smooth. Take the soup off the heat and add the milk and cream. Stir to combine. Add more broth or cream if you desire until you get the consistency you like.
- Taste and and season again if necessary.
- Serve in a large bowl with croutons or crusty bread.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Category: Soups