For the salad:
- Fresh baby spinach (as much as you like)
- Some fresh mixed greens (as much as you like)
- 4–5 fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- ½ small red onion, slivered
- 6 slices nitrate free bacon, cooked and chopped (see my post on how to bake bacon)
- 1/4 cup organic feta cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup cup dried cranberries
- 1 organic apple, cored and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (or pecans or walnuts, your choice)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Starting with the spinach, layer the salad ingredients in a bowl or on a plate. Continue with the strawberries, onion, bacon, cheese, cranberries, apple slices and nuts.
- For the dressing, combine all the ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Pour the dressing over the salad just before serving.