- 3–4 Chicken Breasts, lightly pounded to flatten
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- Sea Salt and Fresh Black Pepper and Paprika
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil (sliced into strips)
- 4 Thick Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Basil leaves
FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 /3 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard (not the grainy kind)
- 2–3 cloves Organic Garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350° F
- Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, garlic and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Working on a flat cutting board, using a sharp knife, horizontally cut a pocket into each chicken breast, be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Season the inside of each breast with a little salt, pepper and oregano.
- Layer each breast with a few basil leaves, the mozzarella cheese slice and top with sun dried tomatoes. Secure using toothpick or skewer on the diagonal. Season the outside of the chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Heat a few teaspoons of oil into a heated hot cast iron pan. Place the chicken in the pan and sear both sides (approx. 2-4 minutes).
- Pour the balsamic glaze AROUND the pan making sure not to get it on the chicken itself (nothing bad will happen it just turns the chicken an unappealing gray color).
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and remove the toothpicks. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.