- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Large Onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 (8 oz) packages mushrooms (I used button and baby bella)
- Fresh Spinach
- Refried Beans
- Start by sautéing the onions in the olive oil over low heat. This will take between 30-40 minutes until they are a deep caramel color. Stir often checking if they need more oil to keep from burning. Season with salt and pepper and a teaspoon of sugar will also help them deepen in color.
- Add the mushrooms about 30 minutes in and let them release their liquid and soften, another 10 minutes.
- Wipe out the skillet and keep over low heat.
- Spread a small amount of refried beans on a small whole wheat tortilla, spread some of the onion/mushrooms on ONE SIDE only and top with some baby spinach leaves.
- Place in the skillet and let it crisp up (1 min or 2) then fold the tortilla in half.
- Cut in 2 and serve.