I know what you’re thinking !!
She’s going to use the word AMAZING A-G-A-I-N when it comes to one of her recipes.
But this time it’s DIFFERENT !!!
I have NEVER seen a fruit salad go so FAST in my entire life !!!
I knew deep down right away. You know that feeling when you’re making something and tasting it, that feeling that goes ‘OOOOhhhh … this is GOOD! That feeling?
That’s what this salad does.
This Waldorf salad has crunchy chopped up apples, chopped walnuts, toasted almonds, grapes (green or purple, whatever you have), some craisins if you choose, and diced celery.
It is all topped with this delicious, creamy yogurt that has a yummy cinnamon/vanilla flavor swimming throughout it.
There is sugar in this recipe so if you’re trying to avoid sugar you can try it without it, as there is already sugar in the yogurt. I cut the sugar over HALF from other Waldorf salad recipes and found it to be plenty sweet enough!Print
- 4 Organic Apples
- 2 Organic Stalks Of Celery, Diced
- ½ cups Silvered Almonds
- ½ cups Walnuts, Chopped
- 2 cups Organic Green or Purple Grapes, Halved
For the Dressing:
- 1 cup Organic Whole Plain Yogurt
- ½ teaspoon Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- ⅓ cup Organic Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- Juice From ½ A Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl for the dressing first, set aside.
- Chop up all the apples, walnuts, celery and grapes, chopping the apples last.
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe and hope you do too! 🙂