- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons melted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Dark chocolate chunks or chips (Lilys make a sugar free option)
Gluten Free Option (replace the whole wheat flour with below):
- 1/2 Cup Almond flour
- 1/8 Cup Tapioca flour
- 1/8 Cup Rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Xanthum gum
For the drizzle:
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- Preheat an oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pulse the oats in a food processor a few times to break them into smaller pieces. Add the whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Give it a few pulses.
- In a large bowl combine the egg, maple syrup and melted butter. Whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until a batter forms and it is evenly mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks.
- Take out approximately 1 Tablespoon of dough and roll it into a ball and flatten it on the cookie sheet. Repeat until the cookie sheet is full.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden.
- Let it cool completely on a wire rack.
!For the drizzle –
- Once the cookies are cooled completely, mix all the ingredients for the drizzle in a bowl and drizzle over the cookies.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12