A homemade, healthier version of the famous boxed dinner. Seasoned ground beef and onions simmer alongside pasta in tomato sauce and beef broth and is then topped with cheese for a one skillet 30 minute dinner.
- 1 – 1/2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Green Pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder (you can use fresh too)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 1 /2 (15 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes (optional)
- 2 Cups Elbow Macaroni, uncooked (whole wheat will add a few min to the cooking time)
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce (try to find one with low sugar or make your own)
- 2 Cups Cheese, shredded
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground beef, onion and green pepper (if using), breaking up the beef as it cooks. When done, drain if necessary and add the paprika, parsley, garlic powder, cayenne, salt and pepper. Stir.
- Stir in the milk, broth, diced tomatoes, Dijon mustard and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, add the pasta and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Stir in shredded cheese and parmesan cheese until melted.