There simply are NO words to describe this Caesar dressing. Well, ok, maybe a few.
With summer in full swing now, salads are a big part of our diet and Caesar salad happens to be a one of my all time favorites!
As much as I adore leafy green salads with carrots and veggies and cheeses, I think I will forever and always be a Caesar salad girl at heart.
And of course, many people still get iffy about the idea of eating raw eggs in their dressing and let’s not forget ANCHOVIES.
I have an issue with anchovies.
I can eat them in Caesar dressing from a restaurant, but I cannot touch them and cut them. Therefore this recipe does not include them. And the best part is you won’t even miss them, I totally PINKY promise!!
So… no raw eggs and no anchovies. You’re welcome !!!!
This dressing comes together in just a few minutes and I just can’t begin to tell you how addictive and absolutely delicious it really is. PLEASE, please don’t skimp on the garlic.
- Invest in a garlic press. They are inexpensive and worth every penny! Chopping (or mincing garlic) will not give the same results as squeezing the garlic through a press. Pressing is the preferred method when making a dressing as the garlic will disintegrate when pulsed in the food processor providing a powerful garlic taste without your guests biting into a piece of garlic.
- Do NOT add the oil all at one time. Pulse all the ingredients (minus the EVOO) a few times, then VERY SLOWLY … DRIZZLE the olive oil into the food processor. This is key to getting a smooth, creamy and thick Caesar dressing.
If anchovies aren’t your thing, then this is your recipe! And you won’t even miss them, I promise.
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 LARGE (or 3–4 small) garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1½ small lemons or 1 large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except the oil and cheese into a food processor and pulse a few times until combined.
- While the food processor is still on, very slowly DRIZZLE in the olive oil. Process until thick and creamy.
- Add parmesan cheese and pulse 5 or 6 times.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.