There simply are NO words to describe this Caesar dressing. Well, ok, maybe a few.
With summer in full swing now, salads are a big part of our diet and Caesar salad happens to be a one of my all time favorites!
As much as I adore leafy green salads with carrots and veggies and cheeses, I think I will forever and always be a Caesar salad girl at heart.
And of course, many people still get iffy about the idea of eating raw eggs in their dressing and let’s not forget ANCHOVIES.
I have an issue with anchovies.
I can eat them in Caesar dressing from a restaurant, but I cannot touch them and cut them. Therefore this recipe does not include them. And the best part is you won’t even miss them, I totally PINKY promise!!
So… no raw eggs and no anchovies. You’re welcome !!!!
This dressing comes together in just a few minutes and I just can’t begin to tell you how addictive and absolutely delicious it really is. PLEASE, please don’t skimp on the garlic.
- Invest in a garlic press. They are inexpensive and worth every penny! Chopping (or mincing garlic) will not give the same results as squeezing the garlic through a press. Pressing is the preferred method when making a dressing as the garlic will disintegrate when pulsed in the food processor providing a powerful garlic taste without your guests biting into a piece of garlic.
- Do NOT add the oil all at one time. Pulse all the ingredients (minus the EVOO) a few times, then VERY SLOWLY … DRIZZLE the olive oil into the food processor. This is key to getting a smooth, creamy and thick Caesar dressing.
- Make your own whole wheat croutons . If you have the time (which isn’t much) I highly encourage you to make your own croutons. Your guests will be delighted and notice the difference between YOUR croutons and store bought ones.
If anchovies aren’t your thing, then this is your recipe! And you won’t even miss them, I promise.
- 2 Tablespoons mayo
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 LARGE (or 3–4 small) garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice (about 1½ small lemons or 1 large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place all ingredients except the oil and cheese into a food processor and pulse a few times until combined.
- While the food processor is still on, very slowly DRIZZLE in the olive oil. Process until thick and creamy.
- Add parmesan cheese and pulse 5 or 6 times.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
All nutritional information is approximate.
Cal 147; Fat 15.7 gr; Chol 3.1 gr; Sodium 228 mg; Carbs .6 gr; Fiber 0; Sugar 0; Protein 1.3 gr
© HappilyUnprocessed. All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words AND link back to this post
Recipe Adapted from: Barefoot Contessa
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe and hope you do too! 😀