A spicy dry rub is rubbed all over lean chicken breasts and pan seared in a very hot pan for a blackened outer crust and a moist tender inside.
- 2 Skinless, Boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper (black would be fine as a substitution)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Mix the spices in a small dish.
- Trim any excess fat off the chicken breast and pat dry. Rub the spices all over the chicken and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Heat up a cast iron skillet over high heat until it is SMOKING.
- Place the chicken in the skillet and let it cook for 2 minutes or until a nice black crust has formed.
- Flip and repeat.
- You can continue to cook the chicken in the pan until done or place the chicken carefully in the oven and cook until the juices run clear or a meat thermometer reaches 165°F.