- 2 Cups Unbleached Flour (I use Bob Mils)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- Grated Orange Zest
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Fresh Cranberries, cut in half or chopped in food processor
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, chopped
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a loaf pan with non cooking spray (and/or line it with parchment paper)
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the cranberries and stir.
- In another bowl, beat the egg and add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix using a strong rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Be careful not to overmix. Gently stir in the walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into the loaf pan with the spatula and even out.
- Bake for 50-55 min, check for doneness by inserting a knife into the center of the bread.
- Allow to cool and cut into even slices. This can be served as is or with cream cheese or butter.