This vegetarian sweet potato and black bean chili is a nutritious, comforting and filling meal that is made in ONE pot and ready in under 30 minutes!
- 2 Cups Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes (under 1/2″)
- 1 Cup Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Red Pepper, diced finely
- 1/2 Cup Carrot, diced finely
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 2 1/4 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1 (14 oz) Can Diced Tomates with Green Chiles
- 14 oz. Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 (14 oz) Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 oz Can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- Cilantro, lime wedges, diced avocado, sour cream, cheddar cheese, organic corn chips. guacamole
- Heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat until warm. Add the onion and let sweat for about 2 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, red peppers and carrots. Season with salt and pepper, chili powder and cumin. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and sauté 1 minute longer.
- Add the vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, beans and crushed tomatoes. (Optional: sprinkle with a teaspoon or 2 of sugar to offset the acidity of the tomatoes).
- Lastly, add the tomato paste, and give it all a good stir.
- Bring to a light boil then reduce heat to low, cover and allow to simmer 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are tender and the chili has thickened slightly.
- Serve with sour cream, cilantro, avocado, chips if desired
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS:
GLUTEN FREE CORNBREAD