Side dishes seem to be peoples nemesis. You’ve got the entrée but … what to serve with it? Something simple! Asparagus in a little oil and garlic then popped under the broiler to melt some gooey mozzarella on top will work!
I mean … come ON! Do I really need to do a long write up on this?
Can’t you just SEE how indulgent, cheesy, bubbly brown and delicious that is?
You seriously don’t expect me to waste your time trying to convince you to make this, do you?
I will make this very short and sweet. Asparagus does not need much. It is a delicious vegetable all on its own. The best way to cook asparagus is to roast it. All it needs is a little olive oil, salt and pepper and minced garlic – that’s it!
Roast it at a high temperature for 8-10 minutes or until you can insert a knife easily into the thickest part.
However, if you want to take it to a whole other level then … add cheese.
There is no other way to eat asparagus. This is it for me.
Adding a little mozzarella is probably enough, however, you can also add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top. This will add a little more saltiness to it. The parmesan cheese will caramelize around the asparagus and mix with the oil infused with the garlic.
It’s just heaven.
If you want to really hit it out of the ballpark, then make this amazing asparagus alongside our Flank Steak recipe but PLEASE don’t forget to leave us a comment!Print
- 1 bunch Fresh Asparagus Spears, ends peeled or removed where they naturally break
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Place the asparagus in a large Ziploc bag and add the oil, garlic and a little salt and pepper. Zip the bag and gently toss the asparagus to coat in the oil.
- Place the asparagus on the baking sheet cook for approximately 10 minutes and a knife can easily pierce the asparagus.
- Remove the asparagus and turn the oven on to broil. Sprinkle the cheese across the middle of the asparagus leaving the tops and ends a little exposed. Return to the oven and broil for just a few minutes until the cheese melts and becomes a little golden.
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get family friendly healthy recipes delivered to your inbox. You can also find us sharing more recipes on Pinterest.