An easy classic egg recipe that can be customized to your liking. We included roasted onions and bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, broccoli and cheese. We hope you like it!
What is a Frittata and is it Different from a Quiche?
A frittata and quiche differ in many ways. For starters, a quiche is French while a frittata is Italian. A quiche has a buttered crust, while a frittata does not. However, what might surprise you is a frittata is more like an omelet than a quiche.
Yes, it’s true. A frittata is really just an open omelet. And while an omelet usually only feeds one person, a frittata can serve several. Want to get started? Let’s do it!
Ingredients for a Frittata
- Milk (or cream)
- Cheese (we chose Cheddar)
How to Make a Frittata
- Soften the onions and peppers in a small sauté pan with a little olive oil.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, tomatoes, broccoli and cheese together. Add the onions and peppers.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased dish and bake until set.
- Spinach Frittata – substitute spinach for broccoli
- Vegetable – add mushrooms
- Cheese – try Gruyere or Parmesan
BROCCOLI AND TOMATO FRITTATA
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER board!
- 6 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk, Half and Half
- ¼ Cup Onion, chopped finely
- ½ Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped finely
- 1 Cup Broccoli, chopped finely
- 10–12 Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Preheat an oven to 350°F.
- Sauté the onions and peppers in a little olive oil or butter over medium heat until tender, approx. 5 minutes. About 2 minutes in add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs with the cream in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the broccoli, tomatoes, cheese and onions and peppers to the eggs and whisk to combine.
- Pour the egg mixture into a greased pie plate or baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 279
- Sodium: 490 mg
- Carbohydrates: 6.2
- Fiber: 1 gr
- Protein: 18.2 gr
- Cholesterol: 320 mg