Our Tortellini Pasta Salad is a simple summer dish with fresh in-season ingredients and soft, cheesy tortellini in an Italian dressing. This salad is great warm or cold, as a side dish or a light meal.
5 Reasons to Make Tortellini Pasta Salad
1. It’s quick and easy to make
Not only is tortellini pasta salad a crowd-pleaser, but it’s also a quick and easy dish to whip up. With just a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time, you can have a delicious and satisfying meal ready to go. Plus, leftovers make great next-day lunches or dinners.
2. It’s filling and satisfying
The tortellini and cheese provide a hearty base, while the fresh veggies and dressing add a burst of flavor that keeps your taste buds engaged. It’s the kind of dish that leaves you feeling satisfied without feeling weighed down. Perfect for those hot summer days when heavy meals just don’t sound appealing.
3. It’s packed with flavor
There is so much flavor going on in this salad – the combination of the pasta, creamy cheese, and fresh, crunchy vegetables creates the perfect side dish. The dressing adds a tangy kick that perfectly complements the other ingredients.
4. It’s customizable to your taste
You can customize the ingredients in this salad to fit your preferences and dietary restrictions. For instance, you can add or remove any vegetables you like or dislike. If you enjoy a spicier kick, you can add in some jalapeno peppers. Or if you like a sweeter taste, you can toss in some fruits like pomegranate seeds. The dressing can also be changed to suit your taste buds. Swap out the vinaigrette for a creamy sauce or try a different type of vinegar or oil to create a unique flavor profile.
5. It’s a crowd-pleaser
Summer salads like this one are one of the reasons I love summer so much. All the veggies and fruit are in season which is what gives this tortellini salad such great colors and vibrancy, it’s hard to pass it up.
Ingredients You Will Need
- Tortellini – I like to use the freshly made tortellini in the refrigerated section of the supermarket.
- Veggies – Bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers add some crunch, while the fresh mozzarella balls, black olives and salami add some chew.
- Dressing – While you can certainly use a store bought dressing, I like to make my own with olive oil instead of commercially used canola or vegetable oils. The recipe is in the card below.
Putting it all Together
- It feels kind of silly calling this a recipe. It’s really as simple as cooking the tortellini in a pot of salted boiling water until they are soft, chopping up the veggies and making the dressing.
- Be sure to cut the veggies the same size and place them in a large bowl.
- After the tortellini is done cooking, rinse the pasta under cold water to stop it from cooking.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake until combined and pour over the salad. The pasta will continue to absorb the dressing so the more you use the more it will absorb. Save the last bit to pour over the salad once it is completely cooled. This way the dressing will stay on TOP of the pasta.
Other Great Summer Salad Recipes:
TORTELLINI PASTA SALAD RECIPE
Like this recipe? Pin it to your SIDES board!
Tried this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page. And consider following me on Facebook and Pinterest!
Tortellini Pasta Salad
- Total Time: 20 min + 1-2 hours chill time
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 1 – 20 oz. Package Fresh Cheese Tortellini (Family size)
- 1 Cup prepared Italian Dressing
- 1 Cup Cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 Cup Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 – 6 oz. Can Black olives, sliced in half
- 1 Yellow Bell pepper, chopped
- 1 Cup Salami (or pepperoni), chopped
- 8 oz. Pearl Sized Fresh Mozzarella balls
- Optional: Fresh Basil
For the Dressing:
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon EACH Garlic powder, Oregano, Parsley, Basil, Sea salt
- Prep the cucumbers, olives, tomatoes, bell pepper and salami (or pepperoni) but peeling and cutting. Place them in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Cook the tortellini according to package directions for al dente texture. Drain the pasta and rinse under cool water.
- Add the cooled tortellini to the bowl and the Italian dressing, reserving ¼ cup. Stir until evenly coated.
- Chill for at least one hour, then top with remaining Italian dressing and fresh basil and serve.
- Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8-10 minutes
- Category: side dish
Leave a Reply