Want to spice up your Buffalo chicken craving with a cheesy, spicy jalapeño twist? Then the answer is inside these jalapeños that have been stuffed with Buffalo chicken, 2 different cheeses and Ranch dressing. In just 20 minutes you will be in heaven.
So when I was looking for an idea for a new appetizer for the big game coming up Feb 12th, the idea came to me. I ALWAYS make wings and jalapeno poppers. So why not combine them and stuff the jalapenos with it ?
Game day may never be the same!
buffalo chicken jalapeño poppers
These extremely scrumptious cheesy poppers are super simple to make.
- Buffalo Chicken Dip – a combination of shredded chicken, cream cheese, shredded cheese (cheddar cheese or Mexican are my favorites), garlic, Buffalo sauce and Ranch dressing.
- Jalapenos – The more ribs and seeds you remove, the milder the jalapeno. If you like a little more kick, don’t remove all the rib and keep some seeds.
- Prepare the buffalo chicken dip in a bowl. This can be made several hours or even days ahead of time.
- Slice the jalapeños in half and remove the seeds and stems. I like to wear gloves while doing this just to be safe.
- Each half gets a heaping portion of dip and placed on a baking sheet to head to the oven.
I like to drizzle them with a little extra hot sauce and Ranch dressing and serve them with some celery and carrot sticks. Serve them alongside some of our other favorite Game day recipes like these Sloppy Joes. Make a big batch and keep the meat warm in a crockpot. People can serve themselves.
Another make ahead and keep warm idea are our Sticky Mongolian meatballs. They can be kept warm in one crockpot while some rice is kept warm in another.
BUFFALO CHICKEN JALAPENO POPPERS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your Game Day Recipes board!
A fun twist on the classic stuffed Jalapeno poppers with a cheesy delicious buffalo chicken mixture.
- 10 Jalapeno peppers, halved and seeds removed
- 8 Ounces Cream cheese, softened
- 2 Cups Shredded chicken
- 1 ½ Cups Shredded cheese (see notes)
- 1 Scallion, sliced
- ½ Cup Buffalo Wing sauce
- ¼ Cup Ranch or Blue cheese dressing
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the jalapenos).
- Divide the mixture evenly between the jalapenos, making sure to fill each one completely full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the filling has started to bubble and the jalapenos have softened.
- Serve warm. Store any leftover poppers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes