Grab your whisk and get ready to unleash your inner chef because we’re about to whip up a batch of homemade Ranch dressing that’ll make you swear off store-bought forever!
Ranch dressing is a staple in our house. I decided to stop buying it some time ago once I became aware of some of the ingredients in it.
But I also knew it would be an easy recipe to replicate and so I did. Here is our tried and true Ranch dressing recipe and let me warn you now… I could actually drink this stuff it’s THAT good!
How to Make a Great Homemade Ranch Dressing
- In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, buttermilk, and sour cream. Whisk them together until smooth and well incorporated.
- Add the fresh chopped dill, parsley, and chives to the bowl. Mix them into the creamy base, ensuring the herbs are evenly distributed.
- Toss in the minced garlic, onion powder, and a squeeze of lemon juice (optional). Give it all a good stir to combine the flavors.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Start with a pinch of each and adjust according to your preference.
- Once everything is well mixed, give it a taste test. Adjust any seasonings or herbs if needed to suit your palate.
- Transfer the homemade Ranch dressing to a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Pop it in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
TIP! There is a secret little spice I throw in there that makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE in this dressing … and that’s dill weed. I only listed 2 teaspoons in the recipe below, but I have been known to add more. Let the flavors mingle overnight in the fridge and taste it the next day. The flavors marry and intensify. But I always add more dill 😉
Here are some delicious options to enjoy with your homemade Ranch dressing:
- Fresh Vegetables: Dip crunchy carrot sticks, celery, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, or cucumber slices into the creamy Ranch dressing for a refreshing and healthy snack.
- Salads: Drizzle Ranch dressing over a classic garden salad, a Cobb salad, or a chicken Caesar salad to add a creamy and tangy element to the mix.
- Chicken Wings: Toss crispy chicken wings in Ranch dressing for a tangy and creamy twist. It’s a classic flavor combination that’s sure to be a hit at any gathering or game night.
- Burgers and Sandwiches: Spread Ranch dressing onto burgers or sandwiches instead of regular mayo for an extra burst of flavor. It works particularly well with chicken sandwiches, turkey burgers, or veggie wraps.
- French Fries or Sweet Potato Fries: Dunk your fries into Ranch dressing for a tasty alternative to ketchup or other dipping sauces. The creamy and tangy flavors provide a delightful contrast to the crispy fries.
- Pizza: Drizzle Ranch dressing over your favorite pizza slices for a unique and delicious flavor combination. It pairs especially well with chicken, bacon, or veggie pizzas.
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites: Roast or air-fry cauliflower florets tossed in buffalo sauce, then dip them in Ranch dressing for a cool and tangy complement to the spicy kick of the buffalo sauce.
- Tik Tok Quesadillas: Use Ranch dressing as a creamy and tangy topping for tacos, quesadillas, or any Mexican-inspired dish. It adds a refreshing element to the savory flavors.
Remember, these are just some ideas to get you started. Feel free to explore and get creative with your Ranch dressing, as its creamy and versatile nature makes it a delightful addition to various dishes. Enjoy experimenting and finding your favorite combinations!
HOMEMADE RANCH DRESSING
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DRESSINGS board!
A creamy Ranch dressing made with 3 ingredients and some spices, one of which may surprise you, are all it takes to make this wonderful homemade dressing.
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Sour Cream
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- 1 ½ teaspoons Chives
- 2 teaspoons Parsley, Dill weed, Garlic powder and Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Stir all ingredients together and refrigerate for up to 7 days
- Enjoy on your favorite salad or veggies
Calories 106; Fat 11.5 gr; Cholesterol 7 mg; Sodium 114 mg; Carbs .5 gr; Fiber 0 gr; Sugar .2 gr; Protein .5 gr
- Prep Time: 5 min