Indulge in the delightful flavors of a Triple Layered Blueberry Banana Smoothie. This recipe combines frozen banana, blueberries, apple juice, honey, Greek yogurt, and a luscious whipped cream topping. It’s a refreshing and satisfying option that your everyone will enjoy.
Triple-Layered Blueberry Banana Smoothie: Health in a Cup
Smoothies have become a beloved addition to many people’s diets for a variety of reasons. One of the key appeals of smoothies is their sheer convenience. In our fast-paced lives, they offer a quick and hassle-free option for an on the go meal or snack. Preparing a smoothie only takes only a few minutes and they can be easily transported in a portable container, making them a go-to option for individuals on the move.
Many also turn to smoothies as part of their dietary choices. Whether you’re aiming to manage your weight, stay hydrated, or recover after a workout, these blended concoctions offer a versatile solution. They are not only delicious but can be customized to suit individual tastes.
How to Make a Triple-Layered Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Most of these you’ll have on hand. But if not, you’ll conveniently find them at your local grocery store.
- apple juice
- Greek yogurt
- heavy cream
- powdered sugar
Whip the Cream
- Start by preparing the whipped cream. In a bowl, take the heavy cream and, using a hand mixer, beat it for approximately two minutes until it thickens.
- Gradually introduce the powdered sugar while continuing to whip until you achieve those delightful peaks.
- Set it aside.
Layer #1: Blueberries and Apple Juice
- In your blender, combine 1 ½ cups of the blueberries with the apple juice. Give it a whirl until it’s nicely blended.
- Pour this fruity concoction into a glass measuring cup and let it rest for a moment.
Layer #2: Blueberries, Yogurt, Honey, and Banana
- Moving on to the second layer, take the remaining ½ cup of blueberries and blend them with yogurt, honey, and banana.
- Once blended, set aside.
Putting it All Together
- To create that captivating ombre effect, grab a glass and fill it up about one-third of the way with the first layer’s blueberry and apple juice blend.
- Follow that with the second layer.
- Finally, the whipped cream mixture.
Prep Your Smoothie Ahead of Time
- Making smoothies comes with a fantastic perk: you can prepare them in advance. Get hold of some mason jars with lids and whip up a batch for convenient, on-the-go refreshment (perfect for those with busy schedules!).
- You can keep your smoothies in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. If you’re aiming for longer storage, they can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Want to take your smoothie preparation to the next level? Pre-cut and portion your ingredients into bags and containers, ready for quick grabbing and blending.
- Protein Powerhouse: Boost your smoothie’s protein content by adding a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- Green Goddess: Sneak in some extra greens by tossing a handful of spinach, kale, or avocado into the blender. Don’t worry; their mild flavors won’t overpower your fruity concoction.
- Creamy Nut Butter: For a rich and nutty twist, include a spoonful of almond, peanut, or cashew butter.
- Exotic Flair: Transport your taste buds to a tropical paradise by incorporating ingredients like coconut milk, pineapple, mango, or a splash of coconut water.
- Berries Galore: Experiment with different berry combinations—strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and more. Mix and match to discover your favorite berry blend.
Looking for other blueberry and banana recipes? Try these:
As always, I’d love to know if you made this recipe. Did you make any modifications? Let me know in the comments below!Print
Start your day off right with this beautiful, delicious and healthy blueberry banana smoothie!
1 Banana (cut into chunks and frozen)
2 Cups Blueberries (frozen) – divided 1 ½ cups and ½ cup
½ Cup Apple juice
2 Tbsp. Honey
1 Cup Greek yogurt
1 Cup Heavy Cream
½ Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- Prepare the whipped cream by beating the heavy cream in a bowl with a hand mixer. Mix for approx 1-2 minutes. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until peaks form. Set aside.
- Layer #1 – Blend 1 ½ cups of blueberries and the apple juice in a blender. Pour into a glass measuring cup and set aside.
- Layer #2 – Blend the yogurt, remaining ½ cup blueberries, honey and banana. Set aside.
- Fill a glass a 1 /3 of the way with Layer #1, follow with layer #2 and top with the whipped cream.
- Garnish with extra blueberries if desired.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The provided nutritional information is an estimate and can vary based on ingredient brands and quantities. For precise details, consult a registered dietitian or use a nutrition calculator.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 smoothie
- Calories: 340
- Sugar: 23-24 gr
- Sodium: 40-45 mg
- Fat: 19-21 gr
- Saturated Fat: 11-12 gr
- Carbohydrates: 30-31 gr
- Fiber: 2-3 gr
- Protein: 3-4 gr
- Cholesterol: 72-74 mg