I really love banana anything and don’t know many people who don’t. Bananas are naturally sweet and have a wonderful texture.
But I will say they make a huge difference when it comes to baking with them. Bananas get sweeter as they ripen, and even, overripen. Those are the bananas you want to use in your breads or muffins. Otherwise you will be adding sugars and sweeteners to it and it’s really not necessary. Let your bananas almost get black on the outside before you bake with them and you will notice a remarkable difference in the end result.
Another great thing about this particular recipe is they do not require a Kitchen Aid or even a hand mixer, just big bowls and wooden spoons.Print
- 2 cups flour, King Arthur unbromated and unbleached
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons sour cream
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 stick butter, room temp and softened
- 3 overripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 12 liners.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, baking soda).
- Mix together the butter, vanilla, sour cream, eggs and bananas.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients together, add choc chips.
- Fill cups 3/4 full and top with chopped nuts.
- Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
Recipe Adapted From: Pinterest
I used all organic ingredient when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂