This gluten free banana bread is utterly delicious. It’s so good even people without gluten issues choose to make in it place of regular banana bread.
If your house is like our house, there are a few allergies and foods to avoid. And whether you are cutting back or cutting gluten out entirely from your diet, the cravings for sinking your teeth into soft bread can be oh so real.
Well we have finally come up with a gluten free, dairy free and sugar free banana bread recipe that I think you will be really happy with !! And that’s no small feat let me tell you!
I want to get some warnings out of the way first. When baking with gluten free flours, whether it be a mix or almond flour, coconut flour, tapioca, the ratios are NOT the same. Due to the ridiculous price of almond flour, I only used ¼ cup and 2 cups of a gluten free flour mix so this bread didn’t turn into a $12 loaf.
If you so choose to substitute, alternate or leave out any ingredients than what is listed below I cannot account for how your bread turns out. Please do not leave me comments that you had to throw out the banana bread if you deviated from the recipe. I understand just how expensive making gluten free products can be so you should have no issues if the instructions are followed exactly. 😀
Ok, with that said …. this banana bread is full of flavor from the over ripened bananas, eggs, flax seed and nuts (if you so choose). It is NOT sweet because there is no sugar in it, but it does get some sweetness from the bananas as well as the honey.
If you are going to make ANY substitutions and you feel this needs just a little more sweetness you could add a Tablespoon of real maple syrup for a little extra oomph :), but I don’t think you’ll need it.
It is dense, it is moist and most important … it’s GLUTEN FREE and my family LOVES it !Print
Finally! A gluten free, dairy free AND sugar free banana bread that is TO DIE FOR !!!
- 4 Large Eggs, room temperature
- 3 Large Overly Ripe Bananas, mashed
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ¼ Cup Whole Milk (you can substitute almond milk if dairy free)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Flour Mix
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Soda
- ¼ Cup Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Organic Flax Seed
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour (GF) a loaf pan – set aside
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl and whisk
- Combine the dry ingredients (including the nuts) in another bowl – whisk to combine
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine
- Pour into the loaf pan and bake anywhere from 40-50 min checking every 5 min until a knife comes out clean
Serving Size: 16 slices ~ Calories 136; Fat 2.5 gr; Cholesterol 46.5 gr; Sodium 150.9 mg; Carbs 24.3 gr; Fiber 1.7 gr; Sugar 6.3 gr; Protein 3.2 gr