Simple, fast, healthy and delicious is the best way to describe this baked cod dinner. Its simplicity and super fast prep time will make this one of your go to recipes!
If you are looking for a simple and fast dinner, there really is nothing faster than fish. It doesn’t need a lot of prep and is best served in a simple fashion.
Fish is also a great dinner that can be scaled down for 2 for Valentines Day or a special birthday.
You can use any firm white fish for this recipe. We chose cod simple because it’s affordable and thick which holds up well with the breadcrumb topping. But you can use Haddock, Pollack. Not sure how this would work with Mahi Mahi though. If anyone tries it please be sure to let us know.
If you are using frozen fish, it needs to be completely thawed and firmly pat dry. I’ve made the mistake of thinking the fish was thawed and NOT patted it dry only to have a wet, mushy, boiled result. There is more moisture in the frozen fish then anticipated.
Mix the mayo, lime and spices together and spoon it on top of the fish. Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle them on top and lastly drizzle some yummy melted butter on top.
The melted butter helps the breadcrumbs get all nice a browned. It creates a nice light crust on top of the fish that you can’t get by frying.
Meanwhile, as the fish is busy cooking away, you can make this outrageous asparagus. It is quite simply the easiest side dish to make.
To get the recipe for the Cheesy Roasted Asparagus click here!
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Flaky white fish with a parmesan & breadcrumb topping drizzled in melted butter and baked. A perfect weeknight dinner!
- 4 Cod Fillets, about 1 ½″ thick
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Churn Fresh Black Pepper
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Melted Butter
- Preheat an oven to 425°F.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and place in a baking dish.
- Combine the lime juice, mayonnaise, onion & garlic powders & pepper in a small bowl. Spoon and spread over each fish fillet.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle over the fish.
- Drizzle with melted butter and bake for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with a little parsley if desired.
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get family friendly healthy recipes delivered to your inbox. You can also find us sharing more recipes on Pinterest.