Everyone loves something cold in the hot weather, but why does it always have to be ice cream? How about some healthy strawberry and banana sorbet that only has 5 ingredients and can be made on the spot !
It really doesn’t matter how old you are, who can resist an ice cold treat during the summer? Problem is there is soooo much added sugar in ice cream that our kids insulin levels fly up and down.
I have a delicious summer treat for you all ~ it’s Strawberry and Banana Sorbet.
This creamy, delicious summer treat is gluten free, dairy free and vegan! You don’t need an icecream maker either.
It is so simple. Like ridiculously simple.
I have a habit of freezing fruit right before I have to throw it out. I just cut it up and get it into some freezer bags for times like these. I think I literally have 15 bags of sliced up bananas in there right now!
All you need to do is add 5 ingredients (strawberries, banana, vanilla, sugar, lemon) to a processor and blend until smooth.
This make take a few minutes, so just be patient as the frozen fruit transforms into a scrumptious summer treat!
So next time your kids are screaming for something cold, as long as you have some frozen fruit in the freezer there is no reason you can’t surprise them all with this delicious sorbet!Print
Homemade Organic Strawberry & Banana Sorbet
A delicious summer treat full of sweet strawberries and bananas that doesn’t spike insulin through the roof – vegan, gluten free
- 1 bag frozen organic strawberries (or freeze your own, between 1 ½ – 2 cups)
- 1 organic banana, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh organic lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3–4 teaspoons pure organic cane sugar
- Place all the ingredients into a food processor and give it a few pulses to break up the chunks of frozen fruit.
- Then blend for approximately 2-4 minutes stopping to scrape down the sides now and then. You may need to add a Tablespoon of water if the sorbet gets a little clumpy.
- You can eat it immediately or pour into a freezer friendly container.
- Calories: 61
- Sugar: 10 gr
- Sodium: 1 mg
- Fat: .4 gr
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 gr
- Fiber: 2.5 gr
- Protein: .8 gr
Recipe Source: HappilyUnprocessed.com
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂
Leave a Reply