I think if you already like/love me, this chocolate pudding recipe is just going to seal the deal. Now when you mention my name there will be a slight twinkle in your eye and this vision of creamy chocolate pudding will cross your mind.
This pudding is a creamy, dreamy dessert without all the guilt. Why? Because it’s made with avocados and bananas.
Trust me on this (I’ve made this several times now) it is really good!! And again, because I love you, there are no ingredients you or I cannot pronounce.
Just avocados, bananas, cocoa, honey, milk, vanilla and sugar baby.
I have since tried and experimented with a few of these recipes and made some horrible mistakes along the way, which I will share with you so you don’t make them.
- Tip #1 – (and the most important) be SURE to use ripe (if not overripe) avocados and bananas for this. I made the mistake of using firm fruit and the end result was pudding with lumps we had to chew. God Bless my father in law who choked that dessert down.
- Tip #2 – Add the milk into the processor last as you’re pulsing and blend to your personal desired consistency
- Tip #3 – Place the pudding in a stainless steel bowl & put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours so it gets nice and chilled
- Tip #4 – mint may not be a bad addition
- 2 ripe/overripe avocados
- 1 ripe/overripe banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee (optional)
- 1/2–3/4 cup whole milk
- Cut the avocado in half and scoop out the middle – place in food processor
- Peel and cut the banana – place in food processor, pulse
- Add the honey, vanilla, sugar and coffee (if using), pulse
- While pulsing, add the milk and pulse to the desired consistency. You may need to scrape the sides down once or twice
- Transfer to a small stainless steel bowl, cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving
Recipe Source: Happilyunprocessed.com
I use all organic ingredients whenever possible, and hope you do too! 🙂
SHOP THIS RECIPE
Buying any of these items through our blog will not increase your cost, but it will help cover some of the costs associated with running it. In a few years I might be able to buy a beer.
|Processor||Stainless Steel Bowls||Custard Cups|