Valentine’s Day is fast approaching for all you love birds out there!
Are there any other Mounds fans out there in blogger world? How about Almond Joys? If I had to choose my all time favorite candy it would have to be the Almond Joy. I just love anything coconut! Only I don’t want all that comes with the processed candy bars so I make my own now.
These are as fun to make as they look too! They come together in no time, there is no baking required and the kids will be more than happy to get their sticky little fingers into the gooey coconut.
After I made these initially, I decided to venture in the panty and see if I had any almonds laying around. Aha! Success. I made them again and I tried to shove the almond IN the ball.
Not once did it occur to me that the nut is on TOP of the Almond Joy. But nonetheless, they tasted great.
And you know the old saying …. sometimes you feel like a nut …. sometimes you don’t.Print
Healthy Dark Chocolate Coconut Bites
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 4 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 5 Tablespoons coconut oil, warmed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 85% organic dark chocolate bar, chopped up (I used Green & Black)
- Pulse the coconut in a food processor until the coconut becomes fine
- Transfer the coconut to a bowl and add the maple syrup and warmed coconut oil to it
- Squeeze a small amount into your hand and roll to form a ball and place them on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. (I was able to make about 12 small balls)
- Refrigerate the coconut balls for approximately 30 minutes or until they are firm
- Place the chopped up chocolate in a microwave safe dish and heat for one minute at 70% power. Take the chocolate out to stir and continue melting in 10 second increments until it is all melted
- Dip each ball into the chocolate, using 2 forks to roll around. Place them back on the baking sheet and refrigerate until firm (or freeze them like I do)
Recipe Source: Adapted from Inspiredreamer
I used all organic ingredients when available and hope you do too! 🙂
Leave a Reply