You know how I know when I’ve made something good? It disappears. Quickly.
Like the next DAY.
I kept these bars easy and simple because I know that none of us want to spend a ton of time making a snack that’s meant to be a quick solution to your hunger. These bars are great for after school or a quick morning breakfast.
There is no baking, no cooking, no turning on the oven required. All there is to do is combine all of the ingredients, let them chill, and cut to size.
This batch makes 12 bars. It uses raw almonds and dates as the base. Oats, shredded coconut, almond extract are added and whirled in the food processor for an easy clean up.
You do NOT need to add the chocolate chips. There are literally just a handful in there and it’s just enough to taste the chocolate. But feel free to omit them if you choose.
Press the mixture into a square pan lined with parchment paper and press down HARD to compact them. Refrigerate them and cut them into squares or bars.
And the best part? They taste EXACTLY like an Almond Joy!Print
A great no bake bar that takes minutes to make. Almonds, dates, coconut, oats and mini chips. Great as a snack or breakfast on the go.
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 12 Medjool dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 Tablespoons organic ground flax seed
- 1/2 teaspoon organic almond extract
- 3 Tablespoons organic mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2–3 Tablespoons water
- Place the almonds in a food processor and give it a few pulses to break up the almonds (Caution: This will be loud)
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the water and again, pulse for about 30 seconds
- Add the water 1 Tablespoon at a time until a ball forms and the mixture comes together
- Add the chocolate chips (optional) and pulse a few times to combine
- Line a square 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper and add the mixture
- Press down until the mixture reaches all sides and corner and is flat. Using another piece of parchment paper is helpful to push it down
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour, cut into squares