This Naan Breakfast Pizza is the ultimate weekend breakfast! A mouthwatering combination of eggs, prosciutto, and mozzarella on a crispy naan crust topped with fresh arugula.
It’s time to shake things up with a unique and delicious breakfast pizza made with naan bread, eggs, prosciutto, and arugula. It’s a fusion of traditional Indian flavors with classic breakfast ingredients. This mouth-watering, shut-your-mouth “pizza” is one of my favorite ways to start the weekend.
So, how do we make a breakfast pizza, let’s get started.
- Naan: Naan bread can be found in any supermarket and it serves as the foundation for this delectable breakfast pizza. Its soft and chewy texture, combined with a hint of smokiness from being cooked in a tandoor, creates a unique and satisfying crust.
- Eggs: When it comes to the Naan breakfast pizza, eggs play a crucial role in providing a creamy and rich texture. The runny yolk melds with the other toppings, infusing each bite with a lusciousness that elevates the pizza’s overall taste.
- Prosciutto: This thinly sliced, dry-cured Italian ham, brings a touch of sophistication to this breakfast pizza. Its saltiness and distinct flavor complement the other ingredients perfectly. When baked, the prosciutto becomes slightly crispy, adding a delightful texture that contrasts with the soft naan crust and the creamy eggs.
- Arugula: Arugula’s slightly bitter and peppery taste acts as a refreshing counterpoint to the other flavors. Not only does it add a pop of green to the pizza, but it also contributes valuable nutrients like vitamins A and K.
- Mozzarella: When baked, the mozzarella turns into a gooey, stringy base layer of deliciousness, providing a creamy and savory element that brings the whole pizza together.
It’s Time to Bake Our Breakfast Naan Pizza
- Place the naan bread on a baking sheet and generously drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Spread the cheese on the naan and then create 2 little holes or ‘nests’ to put the eggs in. Place some Prosciutto and tomatoes on the cheese.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and carefully pour one into each nest. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Place in the oven and bake until the egg whites are sold and cooked but the egg yolks are still a little runny.
- Garnish with fresh arugula.
Why You Will Love Naan Pizza Breakfast
- Versatile and Customizable: One of the greatest advantages of breakfast pizza is its versatility. You can customize it according to your preferences and dietary needs. Whether you want to add extra vegetables like bell peppers or tomatoes, experiment with different cheeses, or even incorporate a touch of spice with some chili flakes, the options are endless. This flexibility allows you to create a breakfast pizza that suits your taste buds and dietary requirements.
- Exciting Flavor Combination: The combination of eggs, prosciutto, arugula, and naan bread creates an explosion of flavors. It is simply delicious! The creamy eggs, salty prosciutto, peppery arugula, and smoky naan crust blend together harmoniously.
- Portable and Convenient: If you’re often on the go or need a breakfast option that can be enjoyed on-the-fly, this breakfast pizza is a great choice. It can be easily wrapped in foil or placed in a to-go container, making it a portable and convenient breakfast option for busy mornings or for enjoying breakfast on your commute.
Looking for More Healthy Breakfast Ideas?
- The Secret to the Fluffiest Scrambled Eggs
- Broccoli, Tomato and Cheddar Frittata
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Naan Breakfast Pizza with Eggs, Prosciutto and Arugula Recipe
Like this recipe? Pin it to your BREAKFAST board!
Soft warm Naan bread topped with mozzarella and Prosciutto, a sunny side up Egg and baked. Top with fresh Arugula for a healthy breakfast.
- 2 Pieces Naan Bread
- ½ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 oz. Prosciutto
- 6–10 Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 Large Eggs
- Fresh Arugula
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the naan bread on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat. Lightly brush the naan with some olive oil.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on the naan carving out 2 ‘nests’ for the eggs.
- Place the prosciutto and tomato halves around the nests.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and pour directly into the nests and bake on the center rack for 10-12 minutes or until the whites of the eggs are cooked through.
- Top with fresh arugula and salt and pepper.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Serving Size: 1 Naan
- Calories: 525
- Sugar: 4.7 gr
- Sodium: 978 mg
- Fat: 17.3 gr
- Saturated Fat: 4.9 gr
- Carbohydrates: 44.3 gr
- Fiber: 3.1 gr
- Protein: 35.4 gr
- Cholesterol: 306 mg