For this no bake keto strawberry cheesecake, we adapted the traditional cheesecake to make a version that accommodates gluten free and keto followers. It is one of the creamiest, smoothest and simply delicious desserts you can make! The strawberries on top add an extra sweetness with a slight tartness to this mouthwatering equation.
Cheesecake, if you didn’t know, is my number one dessert! That and carrot cake. But if they are both on the menu and had to duke it out … the cheesecake will always win. There is something about that smooth texture, but as you know, this dessert is also is filled with sugar and is certainly not one of the easier desserts for a casual home cook to make.
That’s where a NO BAKE cheesecake allows you to enjoy your sweet treat without the extra work of the water bath and we’ve solved the sugar issue as well by using powered erythritol.
I also like to cut them into small rectangles to turn them into cheesecake bars so they aren’t as big and they last longer !!!
Ingredients for No Bake Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
- Flour: Almond flour is used in this recipe to make this recipe gluten free.
- Powdered Erythritol: If you’ve never used this before it is a sweetener that is used almost identically to sugar. It is very popular in keto recipes as there is no sugar, therefore no sugar spike. It will be used in making the base, filling, and strawberry swirl. (A monk fruit sweetener can be used as a substitution.)
- Butter: Softened (or room temperature) to make mixing much easier.
- Cream Cheese: Brought down to room temperature to make combining it with other ingredients smoother.
- Heavy Cream: This can be cold.
- Water: You’ll need both boiling and room temperature (or cool) water.
- Gelatin Powder: Plain, as it will be mixed with boiling water for the filling part of the strawberry swirl cheesecake.
- Fresh Strawberries: Chopped and added for a real-fruit touch to the cheesecake bars.
LET’S MAKE THE CRUST:
The crust is made first by mixing the almond flour and powdered erythritol together in a large bowl. Next, add the softened butter.
I find it’s much simplier and easier to mix the crust using my hands, kind of like making a dough. Mix it until it is combined well. Once you get a soft dough, begin placing it into the prepared tray.
Again, use your hands to extend the dough all the way to the edges in an even layer. Refrigerate it while making the rest of the strawberry cheesecake.
FOR THE FILLING:
First, mix the gelatin powder with boiling water in a glass jar until the gelatin dissolves. Let it cool to room temperature and combine it with the next step.
Beat the cream cheese until smooth, add vanilla and powdered erythritol. Mix the ingredients until well combined. Lastly, add the gelatin.
Here comes my favorite part – whipping the heavy cream. My mom used to, and still, makes it for all her desserts. Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl until you have soft peaks then add it to the cream cheese.
TIP! Place the beaters and bowl into the freezer at the start of this recipe and those peaks will form much faster.
Finally, pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust, and extend it with a spatula to cover evenly.
FOR THE STRAWBERRY SWIRL:
Place the strawberries and water into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts to boil, add two tablespoons of powdered sweetener.
Reduce the heat to a minimum, and simmer until thick. To know when your jam is ready, run a spoon along the base. If it does not fill that space, you’ve done it.
Note: It will thicken more when cold.
Now it’s time to create the swirls! To do so, spoon the strawberries on top of the filling. Be sure to leave some white gaps. Then, move a knife around the top to make the swirl effect.
And that’s it! Place your finished masterpiece in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to allow everything to set. Even better if you leave it in the fridge overnight.
Once ready, slice the strawberry swirl cheesecake into rectangular squares to make bars. Or, you can make mini bites by cutting the cheesecake into small squares, making the perfect finger food.
If you’d like to switch up the fruit, try blueberry or raspberry in replacement of the strawberry sauce. This is a cheesecake recipe worth sharing!Print
No Bake Keto Friendly Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake
- Total Time: 5 hours
- Yield: 9 servings 1x
- Diet: Gluten Free
If you’re following a keto lifestyle or you’re sensitive to gluten or you simply want to avoid sugar filled desserts, then this no bake strawberry cheesecake is sure to delight you! It’s a great summertime dessert made with fresh, ripe strawberries and is super smooth and creamy.
For the Base:
- 1 ½ Cups Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Erythritol
- 4 Tbsp. Butter, softened
For the Filling:
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream, cold
- ½ Cup Powdered Erythritol (or monk fruit or sugar)
- ¼ Cup Boiling water
- 2 teaspoons Plain Gelatin Powder
For the Strawberry Swirl:
- 1 Cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Erythritol (or monk fruit or sugar)
- Prepare an 8’’ square tray with parchment paper. Set it aside.
- Begin by making the base: Mix the almond flour and powdered erythritol together in a large bowl. Add the softened butter and use your hands to combine ingredients. Once you get a soft dough, place it in the prepared tray. Extend the dough to cover the bottom evenly. Refrigerate it while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- For the strawberry sauce: Place chopped strawberries and water into a small saucepan over medium heat. Once it starts to boil, add two Tbsp. of powdered sweetener. Reduce the heat to a minimum, and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until it thickens. To know when your jam is ready, run a spoon along the base. If it does not fill that space, you’ve done it. Note: It will thicken more when cold. Set aside while you make the filling.
- For the filling: Mix the gelatin powder with boiling water in a glass jar until gelatin dissolves. Let it cool to room temperature and combine it with the next step.
- Place cream cheese into a large bowl. Take an electric mixer and mix cream cheese until creamy. Then add vanilla extract and powdered erythritol, and mix to combine. Add the gelatin.
- Beat the heavy cream into soft peaks in a large bowl. Note: heavy cream must be cold. Incorporate the whipped cream using a spatula into the cream cheese bowl.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared base, and extend it with a spatula to cover evenly.
- Last, spoon the strawberries on top of the filling, leaving some white gaps. Then, move a knife around the top to make the swirl effect.
- Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least four hours or overnight.
- Once completely set, lift the cheesecake out of the tray by the edges of the parchment paper and cut into individual bars.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 4 hours Chill time
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
turned out great!
I can’t wait to make this. I just made your keto coffee cake and that was amazing. I know this will be too
Mate Mate SG
What a rich look! I hope it will taste that good too. I will try this recipe soon. Thanks for sharing.
I don’t see the nutritional values, would you post them. Thank you.