According to my family, I have to hurry up and finish this post so they can all devour these little bite sized peanut butter & oat bites.
My husband is the ring leader on that request, by the way and since he’s already chowed down on 4 of them, I’ll take that as a compliment! But time’s a wasting here… so let me just get right to it.
These little bites are the perfect snack, especially if you have little ones. They fit in their little hands, they travel well, don’t make a mess and best of all ~ they taste AH – mazing! They take all of 5 minutes to make and one bowl.
How easy is that?
What I like about no bake oat recipes like this one, is you can change up the ingredients however you like. This recipe calls for:
- old fashioned oats (I used the 5 min one)
- peanut butter (you can substitute almond butter)
- coconut flakes (unsweetened, sweetened or toasted)
- honey (you can try pure maple syrup)
- walnuts (you can use almonds, pecans or no nuts)
- flax seed (you can also add chia seeds)
- vanilla extract (or you can use almond extract)
- chocolate chips (yes, these are processed so please don’t send me emails. You can substitute cocoa nibs if you are vegan, dark chocolate or no chocolate)
Other options: Add raisins or craisins, peanuts, smashed up pretzels, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds.
Whatever you add, they are sure to be delish because it’s to your liking. I’ll be playing around with this for sure!Print
126 Cal | 6.9 gr fat | 1.2 sat fat | 30.2 sodium | 13.7 carbs | 1.7 fiber | 6.6 gr sugar | 3.1 gr protein
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned 5 min oats
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (just peanuts, not Skippy)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup nuts, chopped (I used walnuts)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (you can buy this in the baking aisle – I use Bob’s)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or vegan cocoa nibs
- 1/3 cup organic honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir with a big wooden spoon, or better yet, just get in there with your hands.
- Form into 1 or 2″ balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Store in a an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe Adapted from: GimmeSomeOven
I used all organic ingredients when making this recipe, and hope you do too! 🙂