You’ve most likely seen the mug cake kits sitting on the grocery shelves, but what if you could make a vegan chocolate brownie mug cake from scratch? Before you think it takes tons of ingredients and time to make, think again! This health-conscious recipe only takes a few key ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen and only 60 seconds.
Health Benefits of the Vegan Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
Before we get into how easy it is to make this recipe, let’s look at what makes it so healthy.
Walnuts pack such a healthy punch, it is actually recommended that you eat at least two per day.
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- Walnuts may decrease inflammation.
- They support weight control.
- Promotes a healthy gut.
- May help lower blood pressure.
Dark Chocolate Chips
Contrary to popular belief, dark chocolate is very beneficial to your health. The idea of it being “chocolate” sometimes throws people off from recognizing its true nutritional value. It’s another good antioxidant source, may protect your skin from the sun, and could improve brain function.
The key to almond milk is getting one that doesn’t have all the added sugars. It’s high in vitamin E and a good source of calcium. This recipe only calls for a fourth of cup, which is just enough to get your body some nutrients.
How to Make a 60-Second Vegan Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
- Once you have the ingredients collected, start by whisking the dry ingredients together. This would be the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder.
- Afterward, add the wet ingredients. Stir again.
- Next, fold in chocolate chips and walnuts and stir one more time.
- Divide the batter into 2 mugs or large ramekins, and cook in the microwave for 60 seconds at high power. Check it. If it is still wet, bake it for another 30 seconds. Be careful not to overbake or it will become dry.
What to Pair With Your Vegan Chocolate Brownie Mug Cake
Now that you’ve made this yummy treat, what should you pair with it? I vote for a nice scoop homemade whipped cream or a small scoop of your favorite ice cream. I hope you enjoy this super simple delicious treat!Print
- 6 Tbsp Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon No Salt Baking powder
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Dark cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- 1/4 Cup Almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped walnuts
- Whisk dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder) together.
- Add almond milk, oil and vanilla extract and stir again.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts and stir one more time.
- Divide into 2 mugs or large ramekins.
- Cook in the microwave for 60 seconds at high power. Check it; if it is still wet, bake it for another 30 seconds. Be careful not to overbake or it will become dry.
- Allow to cool, top with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!