Garlic butter, breadcrumbs, parmesan and scallops are combined to make a tasty dish that is ready in less than 15 minutes. Seriously? Can it get any better than that?
If you know anything about me, it’s that I LOVE seafood. Scallops and Shrimp are on the top of the list. I’m not a mussels or oyster kind of gal though, I’ll be honest. They kind of freak me out. So I’ll just stick with what I love.
There are 2 types of scallops and the most obvious difference you will see is in their size which is illustrated in the picture below. Some people prefer the bay scallops, feel they are sweeter. I personally prefer the big marshmallow sized Sea scallops.
- Bay – small and sweet
- Sea – Much bigger
The key to making fabulously buttery garlic baked scallops is the dry heat of the oven. Yes, they can be pan fried also, but I personally love the ease of throwing all the ingredients into a shallow baking dish and baking them.
The secret to not overcooking them is to bake them at a high temperature and for a short time. This allows the scallops to cook evenly without becoming rubbery.
How to Make These Garlic Butter Scallops
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Pat the scallops dry
- Combine them with the breadcrumb mixture
- Place them in a baking dish and spoon any excess breadcrumbs on top
- Drizzle with the melted garlic butter and bake until golden
I am telling you this is one on my FAVORITE entrees of all time!
What to Serve with Scallops
If there’s one thing I’ve learned is that I can eat these scallops just like this. Give me a plate of these, big crusty bread and some wine and I’m good.
However there are some people in my family who actually like to eat a meal so I guess a side dish like this Creamy Garlic Orzo would pair nicely. Garlic always goes with garlic.
Or since the scallops require zero effort, why not put some effort into this Potato Gratin Dauphinoise side dish?
Can I just tell you? This is a dinner that is so easy to make and will give an amazing impression on your guests!
Be sure to follow me on Facebook and Pinterest and if you’ve had a chance to make these delicious quick bread, then definitely leave me a comment and a rating below!Print
Buttery Garlic Baked Scallops
Big sea scallops topped with breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and baked in butter and garlic until perfectly tender. A winner every time !!
- 1 Lb. Big Sea Scallops
- ½ Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
- ¼ Cup Freshly Grated Parm cheese
- 4 Tbsp. Butter
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, onion powder, paprika, parsley and cheese together in a large bowl.
- Add the scallops to the breadcrumb mixture and toss to coat.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. When it’s completely melted, add the garlic and cook or about 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Pour the melted garlic butter in a glass casserole dish and place the scallops on top, pouring all the remaining breadcrumbs on top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with tartar sauce if desired.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS:
THE MOST INCREDIBLE CRAB BISQUE
PROSCIUTTO WRAPPED ASPARAGUS
Five stars ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
One of the best scallop recipes I have ever made !