I’ve seen recipes for flourless peanut butter cookies on the internet for a while now, and it’s exactly the same wherever you go, so it’s real hard to pinpoint who the credit goes to exactly.
But basically it’s a flourless peanut butter cookie. With just 5 or less ingredients it’s hard not to like these cookies because they take virtually no time out of your busy life to make. And who doesn’t love not having to mess with flour?
I’ve seen as much as a cup and a half of sugar in this recipe, with the average being a cup!
So the recipe is simple: 1 cup peanut butter to 1 cup sugar.
That’s an outrageous amount of sugar for just a cup of peanut butter! Even though peanut butter doesn’t have much sugar (well the natural organic kind anyway) this was still too much in my opinion.
I played around with this one afternoon until I was happy with the result. Adding an egg and just a little bit of melted butter helped keep it from crumbling as much, but it still crumbles. That’s the tricky part of removing flour from a baked good, it will get crumbly.
For kids like my daughter who have a gluten intolerance, weighing the options of a cookie crumbling vs. not having a cookie at all?
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies 1x
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Bbutter (I use Smucker’s natural – only peanuts)
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 packets Stevia
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the peanut butter to a bowl. Sprinkle in the baking soda.
- In a large glass measuring cup, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add the egg and whisk to combine.
- Add the sugar.
- Add it to the peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Using a Tablespoon size, drop cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper. You may have to roll them into balls and flatten with your hands.
- Use a fork to make impressions in the cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes and let cool.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
LOOKING FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES?
Subscribe to our newsletter to get family friendly healthy recipes delivered to your inbox. You can also find us sharing more recipes on PINTEREST and FACEBOOK.
I have made these multiple times and they come out great! I don’t even have any allergies but I love making them because they are SUPER easy and yummy 🙂
I know right! LOL I don’t have any allergies either but these cookies are ridiculous!