I just love healthy, gluten free dinners that are ready in under 20 minutes and before the warm weather officially leaves us, I wanted to share this delicious and healthy salmon recipe with you.
It’s hard to even call this a recipe, to be honest, but that’s when some of the best dishes are created. They are kept simple and use fresh, ripe ingredients.
If you don’t own a grill pan, I highly encourage you to get one. This little pan enables you to cook your food with very little oil. If you don’t have one, that’s ok. This salmon can be cooked on the grill outside, stove top or even baked. So, we’ve got you.
Let’s start with the salmon:
It’s always a good idea to buy and cook your seafood the same day. So I grabbed a few pieces of salmon and placed it in a baking dish with some really good olive oil. Vegetable and cheap canola oils have no flavor. I would suggest a full bodied thicker olive oil. You don’t need much and the flavor goes a long way.
I chopped up some garlic and squeezed a little lime juice on them. This will match the flavors found in the mango salsa.
TIP! Anytime you are using a citrus based marinade it will change the texture of the food. 15 minutes is all you need for this recipe.
As the salmon is marinating I made the mango salsa. This is obviously more of a late summer recipe as these ingredients will be at their freshest.
This is a super healthy, super simple meal to make. Like I said before, you can’t go wrong using fresh, ripe, simple ingredients and this recipe proves that.
I like to serve it alongside some rice, which we all know baking it is my ONLY method now, or some quinoa or couscous.
I hope you enjoy this and let me know in the comments if you made it.Print
Grilled Salmon with a Lime Mango Salsa
A simple fresh, gluten free dinner with grilled salmon and lime mango salsa
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or avocado oil
- Juice and zest from one lime
- 2–3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mango & Avocado Salsa
- 1 large mango, peeled and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small bunch of cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- Juice from half a lime
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a baking dish whisk together the oil, lime juice and zest, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon in the baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Preheat a non stick grill, cast iron skillet or regular skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush the grill grates with oil if using a grill, or add a teaspoon of oil or non stick spray to the pan. Place the salmon on grill and grill for about 3-4 minutes per side or until just cooked through.
For the mango salsa
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salsa by adding the diced mango, bell, pepper, red onion, avocado, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place the salmon onto a plate topped with the mango and avocado salsa alongside a cup of warm brown rice, quinoa or couscous.
Leave a Reply