With this copycat Chipotle Burrito Bowl recipe, you don’t have to wait for your next trip to the restaurant to get this amazing meal! Now you can make it at home with the most delicious chicken on the planet!
My Not-so-Secret Love for the Chipotle Burrito Bowl
I am an avid Chipotle burrito bowl lover! The fact that you can customize it the way you want is a real game-changer. My biggest complaint though is the price. Each bowl is around $10, so to take my whole family costs us more than $50. No bueno.
So I started making them at home and they have become a huge hit!
Health Benefits of the Chipotle Burrito Bowl
By taking one glance at this bowl of yummy goodness, you don’t have to guess that it packs a healthy punch. But I think it’s always a plus when you know what’s on your plate and what you’re body will get from it.
For starters, your system will get a vitamin K kick from the bed of greens. Most folks (myself included) go for the traditional iceberg lettuce, but you could certainly up the anty by adding a bed of spinach, kale, or a lettuce mix. Regardless of what you choose, you’ll also reap the benefits of fiber, iron, folate, and vitamin C. Be sure your greens are washed thoroughly to prevent any farm to store contamination.
If you decide to go all in with your toppings, you can expect these amazing health benefits:
- Onions- contain anti-inflammatory properties
- Peppers- packed with vitamins and low in calories
- Corn- contains essential minerals such as magnesium, copper, zinc, and iron
- Black Beans- has antioxidants, fiber, protein, and carbohydrates
- Avocados- may help prevent disease and keep your body in good shape
Since this amazing dish only requires one cooked ingredient – the chicken – you can easily prep all the other ingredients and keep them on hand. This especially comes in handy if you plan to make this a weekly staple.
Not to mention, you may also consider switching up your meat and try a Chipotle steak or beef bowl. Simply follow the same marinade and cooking directions and whoolah – you’ve just created several different meals!
In just 3 easy steps, you’ll have your own copycat Chipotle chicken burrito bowl:
- Make the marinade for the chicken and let it soak for a few hours (the longer the better).
- Saute the chicken in a large skillet (no oil necessary since there is some in the marinade).
- Make your burrito bowl by layering your fixings and toppings of choice.
And there ya have it! Chipotle at home.Print
Now you don’t have to wait for your next trip to Chipotle to get your favorite burrito bowl, you can make it at home with the most delicious chicken on the planet !
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
- ½ Cup Shallot, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1Adobo Chipotle Peppersin Adobo Sauce
- ½ – 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce (from the can)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Tablespoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into large cubes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sauteed Onions and Peppers
- Roasted Corn
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Guacamole/Salsa/Sour Cream/Shredded Cheese
FOR THE MARINADE:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (EXCEPT THE OIL) and pulse until smooth. Drizzle the oil in until combined.
- Cut the chicken into 1″ pieces and place in a bowl. Add marinade and stir. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until very hot. You should not need oil as there is already oil in the marinade, however you may need to add a little just to coat the pan. Place enough of the chicken in the pan that is not crowded. You may need to do this in at least 2 batches. Do not turn the chicken until the sides have turned white and there is just a little pink in the center. This will result in a great char. Cook until no longer pink.
- To make the burrito bowl, layer shredded lettuce, rice, onions and peppers, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese.