With this copycat Chipotle Burrito Bowl recipe, you don’t have to wait for your next trip to the restaurant to get this amazing meal! Now you can make it at home with the most delicious chicken on the planet!
My Not-so-Secret Love Affair with Chipotle
I am an avid Chipotle burrito bowl lover! The fact that you can customize it the way you want is a real game-changer. My biggest complaint though is the price. Each bowl is around $10, so to take my whole family costs us more than $50. No bueno.
So I started making them at home and they have become a huge hit!
So, here’s the deal – this dish is a breeze to put together because, honestly, the only thing that needs cooking is the chicken. You can totally prep all the other stuff and keep it ready. Super handy, especially if you’re planning to make this a regular thing in your weekly menu.
But I just want to mention that chicken isn’t the end all be all. Want to switch things up a bit? You can make this with Chipotle-style steak or pork too. Just stick to the same marinade and cooking steps and you’ve got yourself a bunch of different meals, all with that Chipotle flair!
Now, let me break it down for you in three simple steps, and you’ll be rocking your very own copycat Chipotle chicken burrito bowl:
- Make the marinade for the chicken and let it soak for a bit (the longer, the tastier).
- Cook the chicken (or steak or pork) in a large skillet – and since there’s already oil in the marinade there’s no need to add more, but I do add cooking spray.
- Build your burrito bowl with all those fixins’ you prepped.
And that’s it, folks! Chipotle right in the comfort of your own kitchen. How awesome is that?
CHIPOTLE CHICKEN BURRITO BOWL
Like this recipe? Pin it to your DINNER board!
Now you don’t have to wait for your next trip to Chipotle to get your favorite burrito bowl, you can make it at home with the most delicious chicken on the planet !
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE:
- ½ Cup Shallot, chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1Adobo Chipotle Peppersin Adobo Sauce
- ½ – 1 Tablespoon Adobo Sauce (from the can)
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Chipotle Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ Tablespoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into large cubes
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sauteed Onions and Peppers
- Roasted Corn
- Black Beans
- Diced Tomatoes
- Guacamole/Salsa/Sour Cream/Shredded Cheese
FOR THE MARINADE:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor (EXCEPT THE OIL) and pulse until smooth. Drizzle the oil in until combined.
- Cut the chicken into 1″ pieces and place in a bowl. Add marinade and stir. Refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat until very hot. You should not need oil as there is already oil in the marinade, however you may need to add a little just to coat the pan. Place enough of the chicken in the pan that is not crowded. You may need to do this in at least 2 batches. Do not turn the chicken until the sides have turned white and there is just a little pink in the center. This will result in a great char. Cook until no longer pink.
- To make the burrito bowl, layer shredded lettuce, rice, onions and peppers, corn, black beans, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, shredded cheese.
Nutritional Disclaimer: The provided nutritional information is an estimate and can vary based on ingredient brands and quantities. For precise details, consult a registered dietitian or use a nutrition calculator.