Don’t let your Thanksgiving leftovers go to waste! Turn that extra turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy into a mouthwatering leftover Turkey Burrito. It’s a quick and satisfying way to enjoy the flavors of the holiday season in a whole new package.
Thanksgiving has come and gone, and your kitchen is now brimming with the delicious remnants of the feast. But what can we do with all those turkey slices, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and that savory gravy? We’ve got the solution – the Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Burrito.
We will show you how to transform your holiday meal remnants into a mouthwatering burrito that’s a perfect blend of Thanksgiving flavors and a touch of creativity.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Turkey (shredded or sliced)
- Mashed potatoes
- Cranberry sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper
How to Make a Turkey Burrito:
- Warm the Ingredients: Begin by reheating your Thanksgiving leftovers. Warm up the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. You can do this in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Prepare the Tortilla: Lay out a large tortilla and place the reheated turkey in the center. Follow this with a layer of mashed potatoes and stuffing. Drizzle the gravy on top.
- Optional Touches: If you like a little extra flavor and texture, consider adding a dollop of cranberry sauce for a touch of sweetness.
- Wrap the Burrito: Carefully fold in the sides of the tortilla, ensuring that the fillings are securely enclosed. Then, roll up the tortilla from the bottom to create a burrito shape.
- Heat and Crisp: Brush the burrito with a little oil and heat in a pan on the stove. This will help crisp up the tortilla. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until the burrito is lightly browned and crispy.
This turkey burrito is not only a fantastic way to repurpose your Thanksgiving leftovers, but it’s also a quick and convenient meal, making the most of your holiday feast. In every bite, you’ll experience the perfect balance of rich and savory Thanksgiving dishes.
Don’t Forget These Leftover Ideas:
- Nourishing Turkey Bone Broth in a Slow Cooker: Dive into the wholesome goodness of our nourishing turkey bone broth, lovingly simmered in a slow cooker. It’s a flavorful and comforting way to utilize every part of your Thanksgiving turkey and enjoy homemade broth like never before.
- Turkey Tetrazzini with Egg Noodles: Tender shreds of leftover turkey combined with creamy, dreamy egg noodles. This dish is the perfect comfort food.
LEFTOVER THANKSGIVING TURKEY BURRITO
Like this recipe? Pin it to your THANKSGIVING board!
- 1 Large Flour Burrito wrap
- 1 Cup Leftover Turkey, shredded or sliced
- ½ Cup Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- ½ cup Leftover stuffing
- ¼ cup Leftover Gravy
- ¼ cup Cranberry Sauce (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Warm the Ingredients: Start by reheating your leftover turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. You can do this in the microwave or on the stovetop. Season the turkey with a little salt and pepper for extra flavor.
- Assemble the Burrito: Lay the large tortilla flat on a clean surface. Place the turkey in the center of the tortilla, followed by the mashed potatoes and stuffing.
- Drizzle with Gravy: Spoon the warmed gravy over the turkey, mashed potatoes, and stuffing. The gravy adds moisture and flavor to the burrito.
- Add Optional Ingredients: If you like a little extra flavor, consider adding a dollop of cranberry sauce or mayo.
- Wrap the Burrito: Carefully fold in the sides of the tortilla and then roll it up from the bottom, creating a burrito shape. Make sure all the ingredients are enclosed.
- Heat the Burrito: Heat the burrito in a pan on the stovetop over medium heat with a little oil. This helps to crisp up the tortilla. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until it’s lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve: Once the burrito is heated through and has a nice, crispy exterior, remove it from the pan and slice in half. Serve hot.