A homemade bbq sauce that combines the sweetness of honey with the smokiness of Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – a perfect match.
Let’s face it there is something about firing up that grill in the summer and getting a huge steak, chicken or ribs grilled to perfection isn’t there?
But let’s be honest, it just isn’t the same without the bbq sauce! And while it’s very easy to grab a bottle from the store, it’s just as easy to make it at home with so much less sugar and preservatives in it.
This honey chipotle bbq sauce can be customized to your liking. There are chipotle peppers in it. That’s what gives the bbq sauce that deep yummy smoky flavor, but it can also be on the spicy side too.
We like spice around here, especially when it gets washed down with an ice cold beer in the summer, know what I mean? But I would advice you to start with one chipotle pepper and taste it first. You can always add another.
This bbq sauce isn’t just for the grill. It’s great some pulled pork that you’ve smoked or slow roasted. Heck, it can even go on meatloaf or used instead of tomato sauce for a bbq pizza.
Whatever you decide to do with it I think you will love it!Print
- ¾ Cup Organic Ketchup
- 1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobe Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- ¼ Cup Honey
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a food processor combine all the ingredients for the bbq sauce and pulse until smooth. Warm the bbq sauce in a small saucepan for 10 minutes
- Preheat a grill to a medium/high heat
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and a little garlic and cook it until it’s about 3/4 cooked
- Generously baste the chicken using a basting brush and continue cooking until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and 165 degrees. Baste with extra bbq sauce before serving