I’m thrilled to share with you a delightful recipe for Turkey Lettuce Wraps that are not only incredibly delicious but low carb, full of protein and also super easy to make. Inspired by the renowned PF Chang’s dish, these wraps are a flavor-packed adventure waiting to happen in your kitchen.
You know those delicious Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps you’ve had at P.F. Chang’s? Well, I’ve got a homemade version that’s just as good! Inspired by their incredible flavors, I set out to create an easy-to-make recipe that captures the essence of those famous wraps.
With ground turkey, tasty spices, and a zesty sauce, these wraps are packed with mouthwatering goodness. Plus, you can customize them with water chestnuts or peanuts for that perfect crunch. So, whether you’re a P.F. Chang’s fan or just love flavorful Asian food, give these wraps a try and enjoy the taste of restaurant-quality dishes right in your own kitchen!
Let’s get cooking!
HOW TO MAKE OUR ASIAN LETTUCE WRAPS
- Prepare the Flavorful Sauce: Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, ginger paste, and sesame oil in a small bowl, whisking until it forms a tantalizing blend.
- Brown the Turkey: Heat a large skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the ground turkey, breaking it apart and letting it cook until nearly done. This creates a heavenly caramelization on the outside, infusing the meat with rich flavors. Once cooked, remove the turkey from the pan onto a nearby plate or bowl.
- Infuse Aromatics: In the same pan (add more oil if needed), sauté finely diced onions until softened, adding minced garlic until its enticing fragrance fills the air. Toss in the sliced scallions and finely chopped water chestnuts for an extra delightful crunch.
- The Perfect Marriage of Flavors: Add the sauce you prepared earlier to the pan, and add back the cooked ground turkey to the mix. Stir everything together to create an explosion of flavors! Lastly, throw in shredded carrots for a colorful and vibrant addition.
- Assembly Time: Arrange your lettuce leaves beautifully on a serving platter.
- Dig In and Enjoy: Scoop approximately ¼ cup of the savory turkey mixture into each lettuce leaf. Top it off with crispy rice noodles.
- Optional Crispy Rice Noodles: To add an extra crunch to your lettuce wraps, we have a treat in store! Make crispy rice noodles by cutting dried vermicelli rice noodles into 4- to 5-inch lengths. Fry them in hot oil for a few seconds until they puff up and turn white. Drain on paper towels, and they’re ready to elevate your wraps!
I absolutely love these lettuce wraps, especially during summertime BBQs with a cocktail. Because they are incredibly light, low in carbs, and high in protein, they won’t make you feel weighed down or overly full.
The combination of sweet, savory, and crispiness adds a perfect balance that makes them an ideal appetizer. Plus, if you use small pieces of lettuce, you can serve a large group of guests with ease. Simply set up a platter and let everyone help themselves to this delicious treat!
If you like PF Chang’s, then you are going to love these lettuce wraps. My family requests these all the time. They are super easy to make, in under 15 minutes and are devoured in probably the same amount of time!
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES THAT PACK A PUNCH?
- Mongolian Beef Meatballs: Elevate your taste buds with our succulent Mongolian Beef Meatballs, an explosion of flavors that’s sure to impress. Tender beef, rich sauce, and a hint of sweetness create a culinary delight you won’t want to miss!
- Savory Pepper Steak: Experience the robust flavors of our Savory Pepper Steak, where tender strips of steak meet colorful bell peppers in a savory sauce. This delightful dish is a perfect blend of comfort and taste, making it a family favorite.
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken: Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, our Air Fryer Sesame Chicken is a healthier version of a classic Chinese favorite. With a delightful balance of sweet and tangy flavors, you’ll keep coming back for more!
- Homemade Chinese Fried Rice: Say goodbye to takeout with our mouthwatering Homemade Chinese Fried Rice. Packed with colorful veggies and savory seasonings, this dish is a versatile side or a satisfying meal on its own.
TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS
Like this recipe? Pin it to your APPETIZER board!
Preparing all the ingredients in advance makes this a super fast weeknight dinner!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Tablespoon Oil
- ½ Cup Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz) Water Chestnuts, drained and finely chopped (you can substitute peanuts also)
- 1 bunch Scallions, very thinly sliced
FOR THE SAUCE:
- ¼ Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 16 Bibb Lettuce Leaves
- 1 Cup Shredded Carrots
FOR THE CRISPY NOODLES (optional):
- Vermicelli Noodles
- Separate and rinse whole Bibb lettuce leaves and set aside to dry.
- Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, ginger paste and sesame oil in a small bowl. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat with about a Tablespoon of oil. Add the turkey and break apart, let the turkey cook until almost completely through. This will give it a nice caramelization on the outside. Break the turkey up into small pieces and remove from the pan onto a nearby plate or bowl.
- Add the diced onion (and more oil if necessary) over low/medium heat until softened – approximately 4-5 minutes. Add the minced garlic until fragrant (30 seconds). Add the scallions and water chestnuts. Cook another minute more.
- Add the sauce ingredients to the pan and return the turkey to the pan. Stir to combine. Lastly add the shredded carrots and stir to combine.
- Place the turkey mixture in a serving bowl. Arrange the lettuce leaves on the edge of a serving platter with the turkey in the center for serving.
- Serve by scooping about ¼ cup filling into the middle of each lettuce leaf and topping with crispy rice noodles, if using.
FOR THE CRISPY NOODLES (optional):
- Separate the dried vermicelli rice noodles into sections. Cut them into 4- to 5-inch lengths.
- Pour ¾ cup of oil into a skillet over medium-high heat to warm the oil for a few minutes or until it reaches 350°F.
- Drop the noodles into the hot oil in batches. Wait for 5 seconds, then flip the noodles with tongs. Remove them with a slotted spoon after another few seconds or when they expand and turn white.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving Size: 1 lettuce wrap
- Calories: 278
- Sodium: 593 mg
- Fat: 12 gr
- Carbohydrates: 21.9 gr
- Fiber: 1.2 gr
- Protein: 22.6 gr
- Cholesterol: 77 mg