This healthy Maple & Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon is not only good for you, it’s also incredibly delicious! It’s a perfect weeknight meal and pairs perfectly with our Creamy Garlic Parmesan Orzo!
Salmon has to be one of the healthiest foods we can eat and if you’re a little nervous when it comes to cooking seafood, don’t worry, this recipe is basically fool proof.
Maple & Sugar Glazed Salmon
This salmon dish literally could not get any easier to make! This is a very simple entrée that consists of cooking a piece of salmon (pan-seared, oven or grilled) and a deliciously sweet glaze is brushed over it. It is absolutely loaded with flavor!
Finding fresh seafood can be a little difficult in the Mid West so I tend to rely on Costco a lot. The wild Alaskan Sockeye is not farm raised and my first choice.
The salmon needs to thaw before use, so I put it in the fridge 2 days before I’m going to use it. I’ll remove it from the package that morning, run it under cool water, pat it dry and place it in a glass container lined with a paper towel until I’m ready to bake it.
If you serve the salmon over some garlic parmesan orzo it will soak up some of the sauce and it is to die for! It’s ready in under 15 minutes and makes the PERFECT weeknight meal.
Fish is one of the easiest go to weeknight dinner ideas because of it’s simplicity. No complicated recipe here, just great salmon.
- 2 (4 oz) pieces of Salmon
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Brown sugar
- ½ Tablespoon Real Maple Syrup
- ½ Tablespoon Tamari sauce (or Amino acids)
FOR THE FISH:
- Preheat the broiler to 500° F.
- Place the salmon in an oven proof dish (cast iron works best) and brush it with a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Broil it on the 2nd highest shelf for 10-12 min or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low/medium heat.
- Add the sugar, syrup and Tamari sauce and pour or spoon over fish.
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Calories: 227
- Sugar: 3 gr
- Sodium: 486 mg
- Fat: 13.5 gr
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 gr
- Protein: 24 gr
- Cholesterol: 86 gr